Saturday, November 2, 2013

Furnace Repair Prevents CO Poisoning Risks

If your furnace emits a yellowish burner flame, you may want to keep tabs on that. For all you know, your furnace might already be releasing huge amounts of toxic carbon monoxide (CO) throughout your household. Although a yellow flame isn't really a definite telltale sign of a CO buildup, it may be best to have your furnace checked by a licensed contractor as a safety measure.

Carbon monoxide poisoning in humans often manifests as dizziness, nausea, and vomiting—symptoms that are somewhat similar to other respiratory diseases. The gas itself is odorless and colorless, which means that there's no way for you to detect it. High amounts of CO are known to cause unconsciousness and even death, particularly among existing heart or lung conditions, infants, unborn babies are especially vulnerable. Those who are asleep are also in grave danger of succumbing to CO poisoning.

CO poisoning is the reason why all gas-based appliances need to be vented. When it comes to your furnace, see to it that it doesn't have any soot or rusting along its pipes, which can be possible indicators of a CO leak. It might also be useful to install a carbon monoxide detector at home.

1 comments:

Lorna Croft said...

Some precautions are required for doing this. it is not a easy task also. Accidents could occur. know more here

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Free Samples By Mail